• The monthly rental fee is 9% of the purchase price.
• The initial payment is three times the normal monthly rental fee. The next payment is three months later. Up to 75% of this fee is refundable within the first three months. See the example below.
• Maintenance is included while renting.
• String Replacement is included while renting.
• 75% of rental payments go to ownership.
• Payment options: you may choose a different option at any time:
- Bring cash.
- Send a check.
- Arrange automatic payment through your bank.
- Enroll in The Violin Shoppe automatic credit/debit card withdrawal plan.
- Either provide valid credit card info OR leave a security deposit equal to 20% of purchase price. The security deposit may be applied to ownership if you decide to buy the instrument.
• Prepay for the year and the rental fee is cut in half. See the example below.
• Exchange an instrument for a larger or different one at any time.
• Rental cost examples of an instrument valued at $219:
A: Rent by the month:
9% of $219 = $19.71/month. The initial payment is 3 x $19.71 = $59.31. The next payment of $19.71 is due three months later and every month thereafter.
B: Prepay for a year: The total, one-time, up-front payment would be
4.5% of $219=$9.86/month times 12 months = $118.32
Remember: maintenance is always included and 75% of the rental fees are applied to ownership.
An 8.75% sales tax is applied to all rental fees.